The build-in feature in Outlook only allow you to set an Out of Office (OoO) email for a defined period of time. What if you are doing flexible working and are always off on Tuesdays?
How to get the gateway name (to filter on internal or external email)
In this post we want to reply to external emails only.
- Open an email from someone external to your company and click on the bottom right corner icon under in the Tags section of the panel
- The gateway is on the first line of the Internet headers box. You should just need the first few words
Create the rule
- Add a new rule when an email is received
- Select the condition “with specific words in the message header” and add “Date: Tue,” as criteria (or any other day of the week, first 3 letters)
- Click Next and select “have a server reply using a specific message”
- A blank email should open when you click on “a specific message”. Just fill the subject and body and click on “Save & Close”
- Click on Next and select “except if the message header contains specific words” if you want to restrict to only Internal or External emails. The criteria can be “Received: from [email gateway]”.
- Give it a name and click on Finish